DIY Shabby Chic Wreath


 Two weekends ago, the family went to Pinecrest for a mini hunting vacation.. I get bored very easy and since this year we rented a cabin, I decided to bring my wreath project along with me. This was my first wreath that I have ever made so i was nervous on how it would turn out, especially because I never read a tutorial on it. I'd say it turned out pretty darn cute! Here's how I made it!

What you need:

  • Wire wreath. I picked mine up at Hobby Lobby for $2.99, I think mine is 12 inches but I could be wrong..
  • 3 yards of fabric...also from Hobby Lobby. Pretty sure it's just plain cotton or linen. The color I used was called bone. 
  • Fabric scissors
  • Metal wreath hanger. 

How to make it:

  • Cut fabric into 3 1/2 x 1 inch strips like you see in the first picture. Ignore the burlap. I was going to tie in strips of burlap as well, but the burlap was way to difficult to tie.


  • Next, tie each strip all the way around the wreath, filling up each row. Sometimes I double knotted them and sometimes I didn't because the strips were too short. The fabric will fray at the edges and will make a little mess onto your work space, but it didn't bother me. 


It should turn out to look something like this! I'm very happy with the result! The best part is that you can put it up any time of year :) For the bow, I just tied it my wreath hanger to hide the hook in front, with black ribbon. 








Here's some pics from the weekend... I apologize about the quality I forgot my camera ;) I'll hopefully get the pictures from the DSLR I was using soon. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment