tips for growing your hair.

In August I decided to chop off my hair. I had kept it long for 6 years and after the wedding I was ready for a change. I showed my mother-in-law pictures of different styles and she went to work. It turned out really cute but after about a week I reallllyyyy missed my long hair. My hair is probably my favorite part about myself. I don't have to color it and the texture and thickness is perfect for me to style however I want.  


Chelsea's hair here is a tad longer than mine but this will show you the longest it was. 



I've taken pride in my hair and I totally missed it so I decided I would grow it back out! 

Here's what I have been using to grow out my hair: 
    1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

These products are way more inexpensive than what I used to use but works just as well! 
Here are some tips for taking care of your hair when you want to grow it out fast. 

Tip 1: When your washing your hair, only shampoo your scalp and condition the hair from your ears down. The shampoo can dry out your ends and too much conditioner on your scalp can make it produce more oil. 

Tip 2: Twice a week apply a hair mask or deep conditioner to the ends of your hair while your in the shower instead of conditioner. 

Tip 3: When brushing out your wet hair, DO NOT USE A BRUSH! It totally destroys your ends. Use a wide tooth comb to comb through your hair. If your hair is super tangly, try a detangling spray before combing out so that way your not breaking your hair.

Tip 4: Apply a dime sized amount of oil to the ends of your wet hair. I do this every time I wash my hair. 

Tip 5: After you apply oil to the ends, try to let your hair air dry as much as possible to minimize heat on it.

Tip 6: Always use a heat protectant when heat styling your hair but try to keep as much heat away from your hair as possible. It tends to fry and break hair overtime leading to your hair not looking like its growing because the ends are so brittle, they're breaking off. 

Tip 7: Do not wash your hair everyday. Your scalp produces natural oils to moisturize your hair. In between washes before styling spray some dry shampoo to your roots to soak up extra oil and make your hair smell fresh. 




Well, there you have it! My tips for growing your hair out. I totally live by these tips that I have shared with you and since August, my hair has grown almost 3 inches. To me this is super good so I will continue to live by my little hair ritual ;)

Anybody else have any hair growth tips they would like to share??

With love,
Kenzie Ann



























0 comments:

Post a Comment