Exciting Announcement!



For this child, I have prayed.
1 Samuel 1:27

Yay! I can finally announce that we are indeed expecting! I have been so nervous about this official announcement but finally decided to go for it. I have been SO sick the past 6 weeks (which was horrible yet reassuring) and today is one of the first days where I am starting to actually feel like myself again. 
No I have not taken ANY bump shots...When I say I was sick, I mean I could hardly get out of bed, I was in survival mode people. Maybe I'll start taking some sort of bumpshot soon though. 
 ;) 


Well let's start this bump date! 

How far along: 12 weeks! I counting down the days till my second trimester!! HOMESTRETCH!

Baby's size: A plum.  2.5 inches long and weighs .5 oz.

Gender: I am not far enough along yet...but I think both Kyle and I are thinking girl. 

Sleep: I am sleeping A TON! I could seriously take a 3 hour nap everyday. 

Maternity clothes: Yes. Honestly my pants were getting really uncomfortable to wear since about week 7. I am wearing some maternity shirts but most of my regular tops are fitting still. 

Stretch marks: Booo! Yes I have found a couple on each of my sides...I have been using my Burt's Bee's Mama Bee Oil but I know that there's really no avoiding them...Blame genetics! Although I'm crossing my fingers that I am like my momma and don't get very many.

Movement: None yet! 

Food cravings: I wish... but pickles and sweet tea have been something that I have everyday...I don't know if it's so much of a craving but I guess I will count it as one. Pickles have really helped with settling my stomach though. Hamburgers have been a staple too...I know it's horrible but no weight gain yet!! YAY!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Anything to do with chicken or rice...Oh my gosh, typing that was even hard for me! YUCK!!! I have hardly been able to stomach anything but junk food for the last 6 weeks. It sucks but I tried forcing myself to eat normal healthy foods like I typically eat, but I always end up in tears and so sick. So for now, I am doing whatever works until I get my normal appetite back! 

Labor Signs: Definitely not. Praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Symptoms: Acid Reflux/GERD issues...NOT heartburn. It's like bad stomach pains all the time. I was diagnosed with it 3 years ago after a horrible episode that landed me in the ER twice. Well it came back with A-FREAKIN-VENGENCE. I did not know what I was going to do since they wouldn't let me take my normal medication...Finally after 2 weeks of misery my doctor called and told me that it was now considered safe to take during pregnancy and that I could take it. Let me tell you that I cried out loud and said THANK GOD when she told me. 
Serious food aversions, ALL DAY nausea, sciatic back pain, moodiness like crazy (poor Kyle), a little bit of round ligament pain but it's more like stretching...Pregnancy is definitely toughening me up! 

Workouts: No :( I've been in survival mode remember? I am hoping to start working out again soon once I start my second trimester. 

Things you miss: Feeling like myself and not feeling sick. I just feel so weird and everything is just so different right now. Oh and sushi...OH LORD I could really go for a Rainbow Roll. 

Best moment this week: Honestly, it was being able to announce it officially! I felt like I was keeping a huge secret and been a hermit these past 6 weeks. 

Looking forward to: Again, feeling like myself again and finding out the gender of baby Alton! I am hoping to get an early ultra at 14-15 weeks! 

With Love, 
Kenzie Ann



0 comments:

Post a Comment